Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Accordion nusic

The Accordion 

German immigrants came to Texas in the mid-1800 and settled in Central Texas in towns like German Belt. They brought their language, culture and traditional music; they made contact with the Mexican Americans. Later on they moved to the South and Northern Mexico to work the fields and in the construction of railroad lines. They brought with them their accordion to play their waltzes and polkas.


The accordion has traditionally been used to perform folk, popular music, and transcriptions from the operatic and light-classical music repertoire. Today the instrument is sometimes heard in contemporary pop styles, such as rock, pop-rock, and so on.  Occasionally even in serious classical music concerts, as well as advertisements. The accordion is also used in a conjunction which is like jazz, blues, and rock and roll; it has a mayor impact in the Mexican American on the community of the United States. The accordion can express more sound and notes than other instruments.


The accordion was invented in 1829. The instrument has always been associated with the common people than with the more wealthy people. The accordion became popular because this instrument is much louder than all the older folk instruments put together.  It can be heard in even the wildest pub above the stomping of dancing feet. The instrument doesn't need no tuning and was always is ready to be played. Even if you played a key wrong it didn't matter because it still sounded right. The accordion is used in almost every country and has a significant role in its music tradition.



I have tried to play the accordion before, but I didn't know what I was doing so I didn't like it. I also carried it and it was heavy for me well probably because I was younger. I have admired how people can play it and have a passion for playing it. The accordion has been for many years now and has a great popularity even though in some point it decreased, but somehow it’s managed to rise its popularity up again.

 Berenice S.

2 comments:

  1. I would never expect that the accordion would come from German immigrants! Will you be posting the history of other instruments in the future? Since you have tried to play the accordion before, will you be willing to try it again? Also, do you know how to play any other instrument? and do any of you family members play an instrument or sing? By the way, I really like your Blog and the background is my favorite! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably in the future I will write about different kinds of instruments, but I don't really know which ones is there one you would like me to write about? I would try to play it again, but I don't know anyone with one so I can't try it again I buy it and I'm not a fan of playing instruments. I've played the flute in elementary, but I haven't since. I don't remember how to play it. I don't know if any one in my whole family has or plays an instrument. I don't think anyone sings. Thanks for commenting and asking the questions that you have so far!
      Berenice S.

      Delete